Maintaining a top-performing HVAC system should be the priority of every homeowner. This means staying on the lookout for possible issues that can compromise its operation and service life. And when a breakdown does occur, you’ll need to determine the best solution: should you have the system repaired, or start planning a replacement? Here a premier air conditioning repair and installation company in the area, AC & Refrigeration Works, helps you decide.
Go for HVAC Repair Work
Your HVAC system may break down a couple of times, but this doesn’t necessarily mean you should immediately replace it. In most cases, prompt repairs and regular tune-ups (when the season is about to change), are enough to get it back into shape. You should choose repair work if:
- Your HVAC system is still relatively new, i.e. no more than 10 years old.
- The system only experiences minor issues, such as clogged drain lines, leaky ductwork or loose electrical connections.
- Your HVAC system is still under warranty, meaning it can still be repaired at no cost to you.
Repairs are a simple, cost-effective solution that allows you to get the most out of your HVAC system. Make sure, however, that you choose a reliable, experienced HVAC technician like AC & Refrigeration Works for the job.
Choose HVAC Replacement
There are a couple of advantages to having your HVAC system replaced. For starters, a new unit is sure to provide you with more reliable and consistent heating or cooling performance. Newer systems are also designed to be more efficient, allowing you to save more on energy costs. But you have to pick the right time for it. No, this doesn’t mean you should wait until the existing system has broken down completely before having it replaced. By then, it may have already caused a number of problems for you.
Not only that–the immediate downtime created by a failed HVAC system won’t give you enough time to carefully plan a replacement. You’ll be focusing on getting another one installed immediately instead of making more thoughtful decisions. Get started on your HVAC replacement when:
- The amount of time between breakdowns and the need for repairs is becoming shorter.
- The system is already past 15 years old.
- Problems are far more extensive and serious, like massive damage to the compressor, coils and capacitors.
- The monthly bills are much higher than what’s expected for the season.
Let’s Get You Started on Your HVAC Upgrade
AC & Refrigeration Works isn’t just your go-to company for quality indoor air quality solutions–you can count on us for professional HVAC repair and replacement, as well. Expect only the best results when you turn to us to do the job. We proudly serve McAllen, TX, and all areas in the Rio Grande Valley. Call us today at (956) 255-7227 or fill out this contact form to schedule your HVAC evaluation.